David is an experienced fraud and tax investigations lawyer with over 20 years of experience. David is praised for his calm approach, ability to understand the background to a case thoroughly and offering practical and professional advice. He has gained a reputation for challenging the most serious tax disputes where fraudulent conduct is alleged.
David regularly provides advice at the crucial early stages of a tax or fraud investigation. His tactical advice has lead to successes in many of the most high profile tax and fraud investigations at both the Crown Court and High Court.
David is presently acting for a company director faced with a civil tax investigation in which HMRC are chasing a debt of £150 million and have issued a personal penalty.
David’s previous successful cases includes acting in:
- 156 million pound landfill tax and vat fraud. Case discontinued after a 5 year HMRC investigation without Court proceedings.
- Civil contempt of court based on large insurance fraud.
- Forty million pound Barclay’s bank mortgage fraud conspiracy. Client found not guilty.
- Carousel fraud, representing accountant. Client found Not Guilty.
- 40 million pound VAT fraud and money laundering, linked to Italian wine industry and Italian mafia.
- Multi million pound conspiracy to cheat the public revenue, global diversion fraud. Client found not guilty.